James Patterson Net worth is currently (2015) reported to be $490 million. According to Forbes, Patterson has earned $700 million in the last decade with his 2014 earnings being a whooping $90 million.
The main source of Patterson’s net worth is the earnings from his bestselling books which he produces with amazing consistency.
Patterson is a hugely popular author with 95 books to his credit, most of them being bestsellers. Out of his 95 books 51 are New York Times bestsellers and of those 51, 35 are number#1 New York Times bestsellers.
Although he is best known for the Alex Cross series, Patterson has also written other amazing books like Daniel X and Women’s Murder Club.
James Patterson House
James Patterson lives in a 20,100 square foot home in Palm Beach, Florida. His house features 5 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms and a swimming pool in the backyard.
The house was bought in 2009 by James Patterson and his wife Sue for $17.4 million. The couple spent the next 18 months renovating the house, spending a total of $14 million to take the total money spent on the property to 31.4 million.
Interesting Facts about James Patterson
1. Holds record for the most New York Times bestseller books by any author (51 New York Times bestsellers).
2. James Patterson retired from his day time job 20 years after he published his first book.
3. Before James Patterson retired in 1996 he used to be an ad executive in New York for Burger King.
4. Patterson produced 19 consecutive number 1 New York Times bestsellers in 2010.
6. Number of James Patterson’s books that have been turned into movies or TV shows is 10.
7. James Patterson is the 6th richest author in the world but is expected to go up a few positions on the list since he is earning $90 million a year.
8. His books have sales of over $1.5 Billion in the United States alone.
9. Patterson holds Guinness World Record for becoming the first author to sell 1 million e-books.
10. He holds the New York Times record and the Guinness World Record for selling the highest number of hard-cover titles by a single author (76 of them).